Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jason's First Step Forward

Hi,

I was working when Jason took his first step forawrd on his own....!!!

But my parents and my maid saw it instead.

The excitement of Jason being able to walk on his own was great and I can still remember him smiling in triumph when we urged him to walk.

That weekend, I went to buy a video camera to film almost every movements of his.

Do you know that I could easily take 1 whole roll of film of Jason over a weekend?

No digital camera then so it was quite inconvenient as you have to develop the film and then see all the no-good photos. Besides, you also have to wait for 1/2 to one day to see all the photos.

Anyway, please do take as many digital images and you can make them into a slideshow for viewing on PC or TV easily these days.

I am now thinking of buying a film scanner to convert all those photos taken prior to the digital age and then slowly make a slideshow or digital album for Jason.

An entry level digital camera is good enough and the prices have dropped tremendously. They even now have video capability and with media like SD cards, you can also easily upload the photos into you PC and then make slideshow, digital album, post them on to the Interent to share them with relatives ...etc.....

Have fun.... I do and enjoy it temendously and you need not be an IT geek to do it too...!

Here is a sample of a slideshow :




You can register and use this tool for FREE so check it out at http://www.slide.com/

Enjoy...

David

No comments: