Thursday, January 22, 2009

When Was The Last Time You Hug Your Kids ?

Hi,

When Jason was 10 years old and below, we hugged each other a lot and even kissed each other on the lips.

I hugged him when I put him to bed.

I hugged him when I left for work.

I hugged him when I returned from work.

I hugged him as and when we feel like it; as a means of showing affection and we did it often.

Now that he is a teenager, we do not hug so often as it is not so 'cool'......

But I do ask for a hug from him sometimes and I also ask him for permission to hug him but this is done at home , of course.

Recently, my dear wife told me that he asked her to hug him to sleep when she went into his room.

A few weekend ago, we invited him to sleep with us..... we can have a mattress in our room for him. He accepted the invitation and somehow in the middle of the night, he was up on our queen size bed too. He took turns hugging my wife and I during his sleep.

If you have not have such an experience before, I tell you it is priceless and a wonderful feeling to have his arms and legs over us. Especially, at his teenage days now!

So parents, do not be inhibited by your show of affection.

Hug and kiss your kids a lot when they are young and they will learn to love and express their love too, in return.

Happy Parenting...!

David

P.S. Wishing you a Healthy and Prosperous Lunar New Year too!

No comments: