Sunday, January 25, 2009

Traditions Bond The Family

Hi,

Today is the eve of the Lunar New Year.

We instilled some traditions to Jason and I believe it helps to bond the family as some of these activities involved all the members of the family.

Needless to say, the most important one for this occasion is our Reunion Dinner.

We have our Reunion Dinner a week ago at my mum-in-law home to suit everyone working schedule and have our own family reunion dinner this evening, steamboat dinner.

Jason is now helping Mummy to wrap the 'ang pow' or red packets and he has been doing so for the past years as I am writing this blog.

We also went to Chinatown to soak in the festivities and to do some last minute shopping.


Mummy choosing some of the candies from Japan while Jason was amazed by the variety and colourful packing.

We are also staying up till past mid-night on the eve to ensure long life for our respective parents......

I hope Jason will continue some of these traditions with his own family as I believe it helps in bonding us together.

So wishing you a Healthy and Prosperous Lunar New Year in 2009....!

David



P.S. Latest update : I also take the opportunity to have a family photo taken during this occassion. Initially, the family did not co-operate very well but it has now been taken as my own tradition to do it...ha..ha... and everyone is ready for that family photo these days.


I even frame it for display in the house. You can see Jason slowly growing up as the years go by. So you should consider doing it before you lost all those years of memories.





This photo was taken yesterday, 1st day of Lunar New Year, at the garden below my Mum-in-law apartment. Outdoor shots are much better than using a flash indoor.

David - Tue 27Jan 2009

No comments: