Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Watching Your Baby Sleep

Hi,

I used to carry Jason a lot to put him to sleep especially when he was a baby less than 2 years old.

There were many occassions that after I have put him to bed, I would look at him in his sleep.

He, and I believe all babies that age, would look so cute and peaceful.

I would look at his facial features ( from eyebrow, eyelashes, tiny nose and mouth, ears too,.... ) and then touch his tiny hands and fingers, and his feet and toes.

So do take some time and appreciate how lovely your baby can be.

I still remember that there was one occassion where we were lying in bed but I have his head on my left shoulder and my left arm cradling him. Jas was sleeping so peacefully and I dared not move, for fear of waking him up. We kept our position for at least an hour before my wife came in and saw us in such a loving position. All that while , I was watching over my tiny fragile baby in my arms.

Even today, I would crawl into bed with Jas when I am trying to wake him up and hold him for a while. Also, took a few minutes watching him and see how much he has grown since then.

So parents, no matter how tired you are or many tasks at hand, find the time to watch your baby sleep.

It is very refreshing and comforting indeed......

Happy parenting..!

David

No comments: