Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas - Best Time of The Year




Hi,



Why it is the best time of the year?




Jason will be asking for his presents, of course.

Or rather, he will be asking for things that he wants throughout the year and we will buy them as Birthday or Christmas presents in advance! But then of course, we will still buy him a surprise present for the actual day itself too!

If I follow this rule strictly, I think we have bought him presents for many years in advance already! Ha..ha....

Now as parents, it is difficult to say 'No' at times especially if you can well afford it.

Even if parents cannot afford it, I think we are likely to save on our expenses and save enough to get them what they want, most of the time.

I would say that we spoilt Jason more when he was much younger, say 10 years old and below, compare to his teenage days. I suppose the reason being that we can reason with him and get him to make decisions or choices even if we can afford all the items he wants.

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I told him that he can have either the ME-20 for his electric guitar or the Wii Console for this Christmas. He decided on the ME-20 and we bought it in November so that he can enjoy it during the school holidays and wrapped up the box and it is placed under the Xmas tree now.

(BTW, the Wii consle is more expensive but I think he will benefit more from the ME-20. So he made a wise decision, with a bit of influence from me...?)

To be fair to Jason, he started to buy us something though he may not very well know what we want and he also has a very tight budget ( his only savings are from his Chinese New Year red packets ) as I just give him enough pocket money for his daily use.

This year, he bought me a musical CD and a hair pin for his Mum. He actually asked us for a list of 5 items that we would like to have. Mum said that she wants nothing so I bought the present on behalf of Jason instead when Mum & I were shopping in KL recently.

At the end of the day, it is his thoughts that count. We normally tell him that we wants hugs and kisses for our presents.... this worked well when he was below 10 years old and he gave it freely , of course!

2 years ago, he bought me a pair of sandal costing $70.....! It was for my birthday and he decided on the spot and paid me when we reached home. So I proud of him.....!

Well, we will not help him next year and see what he will come up with.....?

We will open our presents this Christmas Eve evening and there will be a few surprises for him.

As parents, we are happy to see them surprised and happy with what they got.

So let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in 2009.......!

David

No comments: