Monday, July 27, 2009

Parents Are Their Children Role Models

Hi,

I just saw an advertisement showing that children is likely to smoke if their parents are smokers.

Why?

I suppose it goes with this saying, Monkey See Monkey Do.....?

How to tell your children that it is wrong to smoke when the parents are smoking right in front of them or when caught smoking behind their backs!

So Parents, please remember that we are all role models to our children.

I like to decide what I am wearing for work and hang my clothes out the night before. So that I do not have to stress my brain too much when I just woke up early in the morning...ha....ha....

I notice that Jason also hangs his school uniform out the evening before though in his case, it is always the same type of clothes for school. He also started to pack his gear required for his CCA too so as not to rush in the early morning and forgets an item.

I asked him why he does so and he replied with the same reason that I mentioned above; being organised.

I believe that I have influenced him by my actions or that he observed and unknowingly adopted my practice too.

So being role models, we must be on our best so that our children will pick up the good habits from us.

Happy parenting!

David

No comments: