Saturday, October 18, 2008

Welcome to My Blog !

Last year, while I was visiting my parents in Penang, I came across a book written by a Singaporean father on his experiences in his lifetime. This book was dedicated to his only son. It was very enlightening and touching too and I also bought his second book on my next visit.

Since then, I was inspired to write something similar for my only son, Jason.

When I see some of the photos when Jason was a baby, his years in Kinderland and Temasek Primary School days.... it brought back many memories.

Time flies and he has grown into his teens and I have crossed over to the 50s too.....

When he was below 10 years of age, around 8 - 10 years old, I remember that I told him how I wish that time can stand still as he was so cute and lovely to play with during that period. Also, I was scared to lose him when he hit puberty as a friend told me once that I can only have 10 years of his life .... When they reach puberty, they will not want to be seen with us and want his freedom....!

I am glad to say that while Jason does not let me hold his hand in public like when he was a baby or a kid, he is still very close to us. We still spend a lot of time together and weekend is reserve for the family where we go out for meals, some shopping and even a movie occasionally.

So let me take you down my memory lane .....

David

No comments: